“The world has changed. The Covid -19 health crisis has redefined our priorities and affected our behavior and consumer habits. We must think more like a community with solidarity. We have to work together to keep everyone safe.” - Lausanne Palace, Switzerland
In order to remain operational during the pandemic, 92% of hospitality and gastronomy business owners have pivoted how they operate. Takeaway and delivery have doubled in the last year. So how do you stand out from the competition and increase your orders?
Step 1: Update and streamline your online image
Capitalize on customer’s online searches by claiming your business’ pages on online platforms and highlighting what makes you special. TWISPER has a partnership with Google which means your business already has a profile on the app. Start your free trial for free to:
- Update your services: Customers cannot order from you if they don’t know what you’re offering. Add your takeaway or delivery services to your profile. And 58% of customers will be loyal if you keep them informed with timely, relevant communications.
- Advertise your hygiene procedures in your description and on your photos: 85% of customers trust businesses that show strong health and safety protocols.
- Boost your sales by 30% by adding good quality photos of your menu items and customers enjoying your place.
Step 2: Leverage word-of-mouth marketing by enhancing customer experience
According to Forbes, word of mouth is the oldest, cheapest and most effective marketing tool in the book. By enhancing your customer experience, 86% of your customers will spend more with your business and recommend you to their social networks online.
- Brand your packaging. The way you package your food is a physical representation of your place’s personality. Branded packaging makes your customer’s ordering experience even more shareable on social platforms.
- Provide sustainable packaging. 61% of consumers want to support companies that protect the environment.
- Create new menu items that are specifically for takeaway. This is a good way to get customers to try something new and increase brand loyalty.
- Create handwritten thank you notes with a simple call to action, e.g. “Thanks for ordering with us! Help us out by sharing your recommendation of us on TWISPER” will make your customers feel special.
- Thank your customers for their feedback: Happy customers deserve your appreciation. TWISPER allows you to automate a personalized Thank You Message to those customers that favorite or recommend your place.
For every user recommendation on TWISPER, 67% of the user’s network will spend money with you.
Step 3: Get orders without the commission
70% of customers want booking and ordering options that do not cost the businesses they love commissions. With TWISPER’s 0% commission Button, your business can avoid these unnecessary costs. Simply add the link to your preferred ordering platform or website, as an easy option for TWISPER’s growing community of 2 million users to place their order directly with you.
The steps to increase your orders for delivery and takeaway are tried and tested. First streamline your online image is up to date by claiming your business on pivotal online platforms and updating your profile and photos. Next, enhance your customer experience to be personal and enjoyable even at a “social distance” and amplify the power of word-of-mouth marketing. Finally, keep your place’s personality in every order, and check that you’re getting the most return by using platforms that offer you commission free ordering options.
TWISPER is on a mission to bring fairness and positivity back to the hospitality industry. During this unprecedented time, we hope to cast light on the grit, resilience and determination that are an inherent part of the industry. We know that these qualities will lead to recovery and restoration as we look to the future. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get the latest industry news and TWISPER announcements.